Printing is just a click away when you’re at your desktop, but could be a scramble when it’s BYOD (bring your own device) and you need a paper trail.
“Mobile devices weren’t designed for printing, nor were printers designed to talk to anything other than a PC or a Mac,” says Christopher Null, PC World. A solution might be an app that already comes with your printer. Null offers a list of those printers and apps that offer mobile capability.
- Brother iPrint & Scan lets you print to select models via iOS, Android and Windows phone devices.
- Canon Easy-PhotoPrint has an app that works for iOS, Android and Windows RT devices, but it’s mainly for printing photos.
- Canon Pixma Printing Solutions app for iOS and Android works with the Pixma MG5520 and Pixma MG7120.
- Dell Mobile Print is a simple app that only works with Android devices and lets you print directly when connected to a local network.
- Epson Connect has several apps that can print using a variety of devices.
- HP ePrint works with iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices via wireless, local connection or email.
- Lexmark Mobile Printing supports iOS and Android but prints only PDF and image documents.
- Samsung Mobile Print prints web pages, photos, PDFs or Office documents or scans directly to your device.
Another option might be third-party printing tools, suggests Null. When you need to print, consider Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Print n Share, Presto, PrinterShare, GoToMyPC and LogMeInPro.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/37105/solving-the-printer-dilemma-when-its-byod "