by Kimberly Deas
With iOS7, Apple really made some changes. If you are considering upgrading, here is what you can expect from iOS7.
• New screen design: Flat buttons, colorful icons and newer look overall.
• New control center: Like Android, you can now adjust your most-used settings by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
• Safari overhaul: The overhaul includes a unified search and URL field, making browsing open websites easier and simpler.
• New AirDrop feature: You can now share photos, files and more with any iOS7 user in the area. The recipient can accept or decline your sent item.
• New radio feature: iTunes Radio is added to the bottom of the music screen by Genius and Playlist. You can now create a station based on an artist or song, or pick a genre and start listening.
• Enhanced camera selections: A simple swipe and you can go from video, still, square and panoramic shots on the camera screen. On the lower right is a quick filter that you can apply before you take a picture.
• Photo layout improvement: Photos are now sorted by year in a huge mosaic. You can touch to see specific images or touch the year to see specific photos by date and location. This is a huge improvement over the previous layout.
• Text message changes: With a quick swipe to the left, you can see the time that a message was sent.
iOS7 might take a bit of getting used to, but it is an advancement in smartphone usability.
Kimberly Deas combines her 10+ years’ experience in telecommunications with a background in personal coaching and results-oriented training.