FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nov. 6, 2013
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-8000
Business Management Daily Editors Choose Their Top Five Favorite Legal Resources for HR Pros
Falls Church, Va. — Laws, laws and more laws! All you want to do is run your organization, but that means hiring employees, and hiring puts you dead in the sights of federal and state governments with all of their employment laws. Not to mention the risks from your employees themselves, who can file lawsuits that will severely damage your company if you step out of line.
“If you don’t properly comply with legal mandates, your organization could end up being stuck in a very expensive lawsuit,” says Business Management Daily’s Editorial Director Pat DiDomenico. “That’s why it’s absolutely essential for human resources professionals to stay up to date on employment laws.”
The human resources editors at Business Management Daily have chosen their top five favorite resources that they think are the most helpful for HR professionals to use regularly in order to stay current on extremely important employment laws.
Here are Business Management Daily’s editors’ five picks for their favorite legal resources for HR pros (in no particular order):
- www.Constangy.com: Provides webinars, training products and free reference materials, like a no-harassment policy and frequently asked questions about OSHA.
- www.ElarbeeThompson.com: Offers free articles, links to important government websites and e-lerts.
- www.FordHarrison.com: Has free articles, newsletters, blogs, training manuals and webinars.
- HR.BLR.com: Provides its complete Human Resources Library with information on legal compliance and policies to people who have a subscription. Also offers free news articles and legal alerts written by legal attorneys and editors.
- www.LaborLawyers.com: Has free legal alerts, state law guides, e-newsletters, blogs and webinars.
“Resources like these are valuable when it comes to keeping up with the ever-changing employment laws that your organization must comply with,” says DiDomenico. “They offer up-to-date information and sound advice on the most critical issues that HR professionals have to deal with.”
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. Join our LinkedIn group, ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
- 2015 Admin Reality Awards Winners Announced
- Free special report offers effective team-building ideas for managers
- DLA Piper, world's largest law firm, to present at Obamacare Summit 2015 and LEAP 2015 Employment Law Conference
- Business alert: Top 3 employer mistakes and how to avoid them
- I can't believe this is a problem: HR pros describe the strangest issues ever brought to them by employees