Determined to retain workers now that business is getting better? Here are several real-life examples of things that organizations have done in recent years to keep workers from moving on to greener pastures:
- Have the CEO make “appreciation phone calls”—to employees’ home phones.
- Hold monthly “Rumor Mill Meetings” in which execs say, “Here are the rumors we’ve heard about the company. Here’s which are true and which aren’t.”
- Make a monthly “Walk in my shoes” video focusing on what one star employee does each day.
- Host “Roast, Toast and Boast” lunches in which employees roast a co-worker, toast new hires and boast about accomplishments.
- Let people create their own titles. (A grocery store deli manager called himself the “deli-lama”.)
- Start a “coins” peer recognition program: Employees get three coins each quarter to distribute to co-workers who they see performing beyond the call of duty. Employees cash in their coins each month for prizes.
- Have long-time workers share the secrets of their success on video.
- Establish a “B.E.E.R. Award”—a spot award given to employees showing performance Beyond Expectations, Exceeding Results.
- Create a “Training Passport” for new hires. They collect passport stamps from current employees who provide information about the company and its processes.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/37029/try-easy-proven-ways-to-retain-best-workers "