Online employment advertising rose 4.2% in September, the largest month-to-month increase since December 2012, according to the Conference Board. The group considers online recruiting a leading economic indicator.
After remaining mostly flat throughout 2013, the September numbers are “the first optimistic sign this year that employers are seeking additional workers,” said Conference Board VP June Shelp.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Choosing among well-qualified candidates? Consider diverse panel to make decision
- Beware justifying hiring or promotion with criteria that don't appear in job description
- Tyrone man collects $200,000 in ADA lawsuit settlement
- 5 keys to writing a powerful job description