Online employment advertising rose 4.2% in September, the largest month-to-month increase since December 2012, according to the Conference Board. The group considers online recruiting a leading economic indicator.
After remaining mostly flat throughout 2013, the September numbers are “the first optimistic sign this year that employers are seeking additional workers,” said Conference Board VP June Shelp.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Before I check your references ...'
- 'Tone-deaf' suitor or true harasser: How to tell
- What legal hoops must we jump through if we conduct background checks on applicants?
- Worker's criminal past won't immediately get discrimination case tossed