Online employment advertising rose 4.2% in September, the largest month-to-month increase since December 2012, according to the Conference Board. The group considers online recruiting a leading economic indicator.
After remaining mostly flat throughout 2013, the September numbers are “the first optimistic sign this year that employers are seeking additional workers,” said Conference Board VP June Shelp.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Know 6 factors that determine independent contractor status
- Certain you had a good reason for firing? Don't agonize over decision--or fear a bias suit
- The cost of a bad hire goes beyond money
- Scrap employee referral program in favor of 'Talent scouts'