Online employment advertising rose 4.2% in September, the largest month-to-month increase since December 2012, according to the Conference Board. The group considers online recruiting a leading economic indicator.
After remaining mostly flat throughout 2013, the September numbers are “the first optimistic sign this year that employers are seeking additional workers,” said Conference Board VP June Shelp.
- Subjective hiring criteria are fine--if you can cite a sound business reason
- Setting skill and experience minimums can stop lawsuits
- Be sure 'Shared' employees don't put you over FMLA limit
- How can we investigate fraudulent dependents on employee W-4 forms?
- Can telling applicant he's 'overqualified' trigger a lawsuit?