Fifty-six senators have said they will vote for the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) if it comes up for a vote this month, within shouting distance of the 60 votes required to guarantee passage.
ENDA would make it illegal for most public and private employers to discriminate against employees and applicants based on the person’s sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When deciding on employee discipline, you don't have to be absolutely right--just fair
- Beware warnings that could limit future pay
- Learn all about the ADA Amendments Act of 2008
- Set equitable system for assigning overtime--it's an essential defense against bias claims