Twenty-two current and former workers for Casino Queen of East Saint Louis filed a federal lawsuit alleging the casino disciplines black workers more harshly than white workers and favors white employees in giving job assignments and promotions.
The plaintiffs also said the company refused to investigate their harassment complaints and intimidated them. Some were fired.
The lawsuit seeks $1 million in punitive damages, plus lost wages and benefits for “outrageous, extreme” discrimination and harassment.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/3700/casino-queen-faces-race-discrimination-lawsuit "
- Shut down demeaning name-calling ASAP--or else prepare to pay for your 'tolerance'
- Employees lose claim they were targeted for discomfort due to age
- Beware! Even small penalty can be retaliation
- Heard sexual harassment complaint is coming? Immediately launch your investigation
- Think the case is settled? Not until the employee signs on dotted line