1. A federal agency recently warned employers that they cannot force employees to be paid using:
a. Direct deposit
2. New U.S. Department of Labor rules will require most government contractors to set a goal of having _____ make up at least 8% of their workforce.
b. People with disabilities
3. A new study says nearly two-thirds (65%) of U.S. employees say they simply don’t understand:
a. 401(k) fees
b. Open enrollment season
c. Health savings accounts (HSAs)
4. A court ruling this year said employers are required to make sure employees actually use ______, not simply make it available to employees.
a. A 401(k) account
b. Personal protective equipment (PPE), like hard hats and goggles
c. Health insurance
5. Annual premiums for employer-provided family health coverage rose by what percentage in 2013?
a. up 4% to $16,351
b. up 8% to $14,965
c. up 12% to $17,212
Sources: 1. U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau; 2. U.S. Labor Department; 3. Fidelity Investments survey; 4. Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission; 5. Kaiser Family Foundation survey.
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. c 4. b 5. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Track discipline to ensure equal treatment for equal offenses, regardless of protected class
- County employees sell back their unused vacation time
- Job too physical for employee in 70s--now what?
- When managers forecast the need for more staff, ask why