For the third year, Houston-based Swift Worldwide Resources has given all of its employees a day off—the same day—to volunteer in their communities. On “Swift Day” in September, employees at the oil and gas organization’s 23 locations around the world worked on teams to volunteer at local charities.
Each team selected its own service project. In Houston, the company’s headquarters city, teams collected donations of clothing and helped with clean-up at a charity function for Dress for Success. They prepared meals for Kids Meals Houston, Meals on Wheels and a local food bank.
Team Calgary spent the landscaping day to help a Franciscan monastery prepare for a festival. In Australia, employees volunteered at a dog refuge, which saves hundreds of neglected and abused pets every year.
Contact: David Nesmith of Swift, (214) 891-2864.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- What are the rules for compensating nonexempts for overnight travel?
- Use tuition benefits to build home-grown skills
- Settlement deal required resignation? No unemployment benefits for former employee
- Obama signs Ledbetter Act, easing path for pay-bias suits