Employees of March of Dimes can dial into monthly conference calls to learn the latest on the organization’sor get help with retirement planning.
CEO Dr. Jennifer L. Howse says the nonprofit’s attention to employee benefits reflects its mission of supporting healthy families, starting with its own employees. March of Dimes employees have access to flextime, part-time and compressed work weeks and the opportunity to work from home. In addition, the organization, whose mission is to promote healthy pregnancies and healthy babies, offers:
- Six weeks of time off at full pay (eight weeks for c-sections) for employees who give birth
- Four weeks of paid time off for surrogacy, adoption and foster care placement
- Four weeks of paid time off for new fathers or “significant others” whose partners have babies
- Full medical coverage for maternity and childbirth expenses.
- Free prenatal kits, breast pumps and lactation services
- Medical coverage starting the first day on the job for expectant moms and for employees who are the partners of pregnant women.
Contact: Elizabeth Lynch of March of Dimes, (914) 997-4286.