Business trends come and go, but some principles remain true over time, Jeff Haden writes.
- Knowledge is power. “Smart people win a lot. Smarter people win even more often.”
- Give before you receive. You will get more if you give first.
- Have an idea of what’s next. Always have a plan for what you will do next.
- Admit when you’re wrong. Make apologies as needed and commit to getting it right the next time.
- Lighten up. Everyone needs time to rest, relax and regroup, so don’t forget to take it.
— Adapted from “8 Business Principles That Never Go Out of Style,” Jeff Haden, Inc.