Administrative assistants are amazingly supportive and are some of the most organized, resourceful and connected people you will ever meet, but they may be underestimated and underappreciated.
Bonnie Low-Kramen, author of Be the Ultimate Assistant, explains six things that make assistants good at their jobs and irreplaceable to their employers:
- They’re flexible. No two days are ever going to be the same and, luckily, assistants thrive on the constantly changing environment. They love facing challenges and are able to think quickly on their feet when confronted with a problem they’ve never seen before.
- They want to make people happy. Born with “service hearts,” they are willing to go above and beyond to get the job done and get it done well in order to make someone happy.
- They’re drama slayers. Whether it’s a natural disaster or a meeting gone wrong, count on the assistant to be able to wrangle some sense out of a crazy situation.
- They’re master multitaskers. The ability to deal with several problems at once is invaluable. People tend to underestimate assistants when, in reality, they are juggling multiple projects and mishaps at once.
- They’re eager to learn. Good assistants commit themselves to lifelong learning and like to learn as much as possible so that others may benefit from their knowledge. Good business leaders will invest in the furthering of their assistants’ education and development.
- They’re plugged in. Assistants know the power of networking and especially of the power of relationships and their part in having plans run smoothly or accomplishing tasks. They’ve got deep wells of connections and are not afraid to use them.
— Adapted from “Top 10 Career Practices To Learn From Administrative Assistants,” Bonnie Low-Kramen, Glassdoor Blog.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36917/what-great-admins-do-well "