Finally, a measure that enjoys bipartisan support on Capitol Hill: In the midst of the federal government shutdown, Sens. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) found time to sponsor a Senate resolution officially designating October as National Work & Family Month.
This year marks the observation’s 10th anniversary.
We recommend celebrating by taking a day off to spend time with loved ones.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Get out of town! Three companies offer innovative vacation benefits
- Unsure about your accommodations obligations? Find out fast--or risk personal liability
- 'How may I insult you?' Rude salespeople ignite bias suits
- 4 ways to bring domestic violence out of the workplace shadows