Finally, a measure that enjoys bipartisan support on Capitol Hill: In the midst of the federal government shutdown, Sens. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) found time to sponsor a Senate resolution officially designating October as National Work & Family Month.
This year marks the observation’s 10th anniversary.
We recommend celebrating by taking a day off to spend time with loved ones.
- The 9 rule changes rocking the FMLA world
- Head off problem employees' retaliation suits: Document all decision-making as it happens
- Congress considers legislation mandating paid sick leave
- Legal risks of interviewing transgender applicants
- Not everyone wears a halo: Courts don't expect perfect work environment