Finally, a measure that enjoys bipartisan support on Capitol Hill: In the midst of the federal government shutdown, Sens. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) found time to sponsor a Senate resolution officially designating October as National Work & Family Month.
This year marks the observation’s 10th anniversary.
We recommend celebrating by taking a day off to spend time with loved ones.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Voluntary programs offer home, auto insurance discounts
- RIF? Make sure layoff decision-makers don't know workers' FMLA status
- Ignore female-on-male harassment at your peril
- What should we do about email still on former employee's company-issued cellphone?