Finally, a measure that enjoys bipartisan support on Capitol Hill: In the midst of the federal government shutdown, Sens. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) found time to sponsor a Senate resolution officially designating October as National Work & Family Month.
This year marks the observation’s 10th anniversary.
We recommend celebrating by taking a day off to spend time with loved ones.
- Don't let FMLA trip you up: Have HR investigate leave abuse
- Audit disciplinary records to ensure protected employees aren't being unfairly punished
- RIF? Make sure layoff decision-makers don't know workers' FMLA status
- Provide real chance to weigh signing separation agreement
- 'Nonterritorial' workplace allows maximum employee choice