Finally, a measure that enjoys bipartisan support on Capitol Hill: In the midst of the federal government shutdown, Sens. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) found time to sponsor a Senate resolution officially designating October as National Work & Family Month.
This year marks the observation’s 10th anniversary.
We recommend celebrating by taking a day off to spend time with loved ones.
- Form I-9: What should I do if employee's documentation has discrepancies?
- What it took to redesign San Francisco
- Require everyone to report harassment—you'll be justified firing those who don't
- When sexual harassment accusations fly, investigate and discipline right away
- Unemployment claim hangs on seasonal staff duration