Sometimes it’s just too confining to work with the limited handout options in PowerPoint. Wouldn’t it be great to have the flexibility of Word to create handouts?
This option is built into PowerPoint already. From the File menu (2010), click Save & Send (2013-Export, 2007-Publish) and choose Create Handouts. Choose a starting layout. Once it opens in Word, you can make any adjustments you like to the appearance. I choose the lines below the slide option. In Word, enlarge the slide image and widen the lines for more writing space. You can even combine slides on a page where it makes sense.
- Planning to create a video or automatically advancing slide show from your presentation?
- Tough times? Laugh them off for the sake of the holidays
- Get more mileage from your best PowerPoint
- Creating effective bullet animation in PowerPoint
- PowerPoint: Use the Action button to create interactivity in presentations