The EEOC has issued new enforcement guidance concerning disparate treatment of workers with caregiving responsibilities—or “family-responsibility discrimination.” The guidelines are designed to help determine whether a particular employment decision is discriminatory. Family-responsibility discrimination is not a new type of discrimination, but rather an application of the existing discrimination laws to a situation that is drawing increasing attention ...
- Salty language but no complaints: Harassment?
- When religion causes a problem—or three—show why accommodating is a hardship
- What should we do? We've heard rumors that some employees are downloading porn at work
- Make termination decisions stick by documenting discipline at the time it occurs
- Patience, good records key when employee sues