If you are like most hiring managers, it’s the typos in the job-seekers’ résumés that are the No.1 cause for you to automatically dismiss a candidate.
According to a CareerBuilder survey, here are the rest of the résumé wreckers:
- Résumés that are generic and don’t seem personalized for the position.
- Résumés that don’t include a list of skills.
- Résumés that copy a large amount of wording from the job posting.
- Résumés that have an inappropriate email address.
- Résumés that don’t include exact dates of employment.
- Résumés on decorative paper.
- Résumés that include a photo.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Scrap referrals in favor of 'talent scouts'
- Poll: 1 in 4 job-seekers has a beef with you
- Retaliation long after employee complained? Courts skeptical when years pass without incident
- New laws for a new year: Illinois employers face new credit check, wage payment requirements