If you are like most hiring managers, it’s the typos in the job-seekers’ résumés that are the No.1 cause for you to automatically dismiss a candidate.
According to a CareerBuilder survey, here are the rest of the résumé wreckers:
- Résumés that are generic and don’t seem personalized for the position.
- Résumés that don’t include a list of skills.
- Résumés that copy a large amount of wording from the job posting.
- Résumés that have an inappropriate email address.
- Résumés that don’t include exact dates of employment.
- Résumés on decorative paper.
- Résumés that include a photo.
- Drafting an auto-use policy? Here's a crash course
- Managers may be personally liable under old bias law
- Stay competitive by aligning benefits with staff expectations
- Cheap eats help 1-800-Contacts recruit through employee referrals
- What's the full list of off-limits job interview questions in California?