If you are like most hiring managers, it’s the typos in the job-seekers’ résumés that are the No.1 cause for you to automatically dismiss a candidate.
According to a CareerBuilder survey, here are the rest of the résumé wreckers:
- Résumés that are generic and don’t seem personalized for the position.
- Résumés that don’t include a list of skills.
- Résumés that copy a large amount of wording from the job posting.
- Résumés that have an inappropriate email address.
- Résumés that don’t include exact dates of employment.
- Résumés on decorative paper.
- Résumés that include a photo.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Strengthen your referral system
- Employment contracts: Can your workers claim an 'implied' contract?
- Clear and fair hiring process yields the best candidates--and impresses judges
- How not to manage HR: Forget about formal hiring and promotions processes