If you are like most hiring managers, it’s the typos in the job-seekers’ résumés that are the No.1 cause for you to automatically dismiss a candidate.
According to a CareerBuilder survey, here are the rest of the résumé wreckers:
- Résumés that are generic and don’t seem personalized for the position.
- Résumés that don’t include a list of skills.
- Résumés that copy a large amount of wording from the job posting.
- Résumés that have an inappropriate email address.
- Résumés that don’t include exact dates of employment.
- Résumés on decorative paper.
- Résumés that include a photo.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Adopt 'Green-Collar' mentality to attract eco-Aware staff
- As summer heats up, so does employer liability: 5 tips for the season
- EEOC sues rehab center for failure to accommodate
- Job descriptions done right: Start with a clean sheet of paper