If you are like most hiring managers, it’s the typos in the job-seekers’ résumés that are the No.1 cause for you to automatically dismiss a candidate.
According to a CareerBuilder survey, here are the rest of the résumé wreckers:
- Résumés that are generic and don’t seem personalized for the position.
- Résumés that don’t include a list of skills.
- Résumés that copy a large amount of wording from the job posting.
- Résumés that have an inappropriate email address.
- Résumés that don’t include exact dates of employment.
- Résumés on decorative paper.
- Résumés that include a photo.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36834/survey-rsum-typos-the-no-1-deal-breaker "
- Drug testing: Minimize lawsuit risk with smart policy
- In down economy, it's more important than ever to track every résumé submission
- Don't oversell job openings; you'll risk a fraud lawsuit
- Former worker never should have been hired? You're not off the hook for discrimination
- Review I-9 compliance through Homeland Security's eyes