Vacations are meant to clear a person’s mind, but the post-vacation blues also tends to give employees another idea—jumping ship. A survey by Monster.com finds that 70% of employees say they are more likely to look for another job after they return from a vacation.
The reason: Monster says vacations provide employees, “the mental clarity needed to carefully consider the life changes required.”
Does your organization have a legal vacation policy? Access our five-point plan and sample policy.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Think twice before challenging unemployment--former worker may well qualify for benefits
- Extremely small businesses may not be bound by FLSA minimum wage, overtime rules
- ACA decision reaffirms employer mandate
- DOL teams up with private lawyers to encourage FMLA, FLSA lawsuits