Vacations are meant to clear a person’s mind, but the post-vacation blues also tends to give employees another idea—jumping ship. A survey by Monster.com finds that 70% of employees say they are more likely to look for another job after they return from a vacation.
The reason: Monster says vacations provide employees, “the mental clarity needed to carefully consider the life changes required.”
Does your organization have a legal vacation policy? Access our five-point plan and sample policy.
- Recession 'how-to': Cutting exempt employee pay, hours
- Don't limit your legal options! Beware vague arbitration agreements
- Independent contractors may charge harassment under NJLAD
- It's legit to use differences in location and duties to justify varying pay scales
- Does telecommuting affect nonexempt status?