1. So-called “Ban the box” laws popping up in several states refer to laws prohibiting employers from:
a. Asking information about an applicant’s criminal record
b. Asking about an employee’s medical history
c. Putting employees in a wooden box as punishment
2. BYOD is an acronym for what growing employment law dilemma for employers?
a. Buy Your Own Dinner
b. ‘Before You Open’ Duties
c. Bring Your Own Device (to work)
3. A California company prohibited employees from wearing ________ unless they included the company’s logo. A court last month said that was a violation of federal.
b. Baseball caps
4. New IRS regulations released in September aim to combat the growing problem of:
a. The theft of Employer Identification Numbers (EINs)
b. Counterfeiting of Social Security cards
5. The NLRB is backing a proposal that would require employers to display a union-rights poster in their workplaces. Last month, a second federal court ruling on the issue likely means:
a. The poster must be displayed
b. The poster proposal is essentially dead
c. The proposal will get another hearing in court
Sources: 1. The Wall Street Journal; 2. The HR Specialist; 3. NLRB, Quad Graphics Inc.; 4. Payroll Legal Alert; 5. "Court: No need to display the NLRB's pro-union poster."
Answers: 1. a 2. c 3. b 4. a 5. b
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36722/the-hr-iq-test-october-13 "