1. Ambition. They drive forward, clearing a path for followers.
2. Humor. They endear themselves to others by not taking anything too seriously, especially themselves. People need camaraderie to succeed.
3. Vision. Great leaders see and talk about their vision in plain language.
4. Courage. They will knowingly step into harm’s way to help their people or advance the mission.
5. Accountability. Because they have integrity, leaders take responsibility and correct course when their team fails, regardless of who messed up. They fix processes or procedures and make amends.
— Adapted from “10 Traits of Great Leaders (and Their Followers),” Kevin Daum, CEO.com.