In addition to being the place where we accomplish important things (and earn important money), work is also the place where much of our social lives take place.
Office chitchat builds camaraderie and helps break up the day. But when workplace socializing starts to threaten your productivity, call a halt to it with these common-sense tips from goal-setting consultant Deirdre Maloney:
- If you have an office door, close it. It’s not rude; that’s why it’s there.
- Keep lots of stuff on your guest chair. Chatterboxes won’t linger.
- Let people know you’re pressed for time. How? Say so! Simply state when you must get back to work.
- Need the conversation to end? Stand up. Politely tell co-workers that you need to leave.
- Trapped in your own office? Stand up anyway and ditch your colleague. Then take a quick walk down the hall or visit the bathroom.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36640/keep-chitchat-from-killing-your-productivity "