Certain combinations of foods can work especially harmoniously together and help boost your energy and health.
Health writer Lisa Evans offers a few choice combinations to consider:
- Iron + vitamin C. These can support brain health and boost energy. Iron is better absorbed when mixed with vitamin C, so try dark leafy greens with some fruit.
- Green tea + lemon. Improve your heart health with green tea, and allow your body to absorb the nutrients better with a little vitamin C.
- Vitamin A + healthy fats. Vitamin A, found in carrots, squash and cantaloupe, can boost your immune system, and is best stored in healthy fats from avocado, olive oil and nuts.
- Vitamin D + calcium. Calcium helps strengthen your brain and lets you think better on your feet, but add some vitamin D with eggs and salmon to better absorb those dairy products.
— Adapted from “4 Food Combinations That Will Boost Your Health and Productivity,” Lisa Evans, Entrepreneur.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When manager recommends firing subordinate, investigate to make sure bias isn't a factor
- Measure effectiveness to make sure flex plans work for you
- Solo HR pros: Seek a mentor to advance your career
- Lawsuit: NYC watch seller had no time for crucifix