Office politics are a fact of life. Since you can’t escape it, columnist and blogger Eric Barker has compiled some tips from the experts so you can handle the politics like a pro.
- Play the game. No matter how much you think politics at work doesn’t matter, it does.
- Keep your boss happy. You might be wonderful at your job, but if the boss doesn’t like you, there’s little hope you’ll advance.
- Make alliances. Good workplace relationships lead to better results.
- Learn to deal with gossip. Keep gossip positive and only speak for yourself.
- Win the game. Know what other people value and gain information by talking to superiors.
— Adapted from “Checklist: the 5 secrets to winning at office politics,” Eric Barker, Barking Up The Wrong Tree.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36595/handle-office-politics-like-a-pro "