As prosecutors try to unravel Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme, they are finding his personal life a tangled web as well.
Five former Madoff employees—all charged with crimes—have asked prosecutors for details about allegations that four of them were “in romantic and/or sexual relationships with one another.” Prosecutors also allege one of the five was romantically involved with Madoff.
The accuseds’ attorneys filed a motion seeking the information so they can understand “the timing or duration of the relationships” and determine who they should cross-examine during upcoming trials.
- E-Verify again an eligibility verification option for Illinois employers
- Tremont mine achieves dubious first, will pay $900k
- A deal's a deal: Good settlements prevent subsequent litigation
- State Supreme Court to rule on mandatory judicial retirements
- After cutting staff, can we require remaining employees to work overtime?