As prosecutors try to unravel Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme, they are finding his personal life a tangled web as well.
Five former Madoff employees—all charged with crimes—have asked prosecutors for details about allegations that four of them were “in romantic and/or sexual relationships with one another.” Prosecutors also allege one of the five was romantically involved with Madoff.
The accuseds’ attorneys filed a motion seeking the information so they can understand “the timing or duration of the relationships” and determine who they should cross-examine during upcoming trials.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Indefinitely retain records of veteran hiring
- EEOC drives a stake into heart of age-Based retirement policies
- Keep lawsuit clock on your side: Make sure employees know exact date of employment action
- What break time rules do we need to follow?