As prosecutors try to unravel Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme, they are finding his personal life a tangled web as well.
Five former Madoff employees—all charged with crimes—have asked prosecutors for details about allegations that four of them were “in romantic and/or sexual relationships with one another.” Prosecutors also allege one of the five was romantically involved with Madoff.
The accuseds’ attorneys filed a motion seeking the information so they can understand “the timing or duration of the relationships” and determine who they should cross-examine during upcoming trials.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Managers may be personally liable under old bias law
- 14 steps bosses can take to keep workplaces union-free
- OSHA to require electronic (and public) reporting of injuries
- Track timing on discrimination suits; missed federal deadlines can kill state claims, too