Compared to the average worker, that’s how much more the CEOs of America’s largest companies earned last year, according to the AFL-CIO labor union.
Joe Six-Pack pocketed $34,645 in 2012. The average S&P 500 CEO made $12.3 million in total compensation.
- New law limits double-dipping of severance, unemployment
- Just-departed worker owes us money: Can we dock (or withhold) his final paycheck?
- Must we hand over final paycheck, or is it OK to put it in the mail?
- Furloughs and unpaid time off create wage-and-hour problems
- How much are you worth in today's troubled economy?