A grassroots lobbying effort led by the Fair Pay Campaign is pushing employers to pay their interns, starting with the White House. The group says President Obama cannot “in good faith, go after minimum wage (increases) and at the same time have unpaid staff.”
In June, a landmark court ruling said Fox Searchlight must pay interns who performed menial tasks for movie production. When must you pay? Read "Court: If interns perform work, pay them!"
- Set separate notice rules for FMLA and regular absences
- Serial sexual harasser on the loose? Get ready for big trial—and possibly huge judgment
- Is it legal for employees to secretly record their performance evaluation meetings?
- Religious accommodation and seniority
- Endless arbitration case goes another round