A grassroots lobbying effort led by the Fair Pay Campaign is pushing employers to pay their interns, starting with the White House. The group says President Obama cannot “in good faith, go after minimum wage (increases) and at the same time have unpaid staff.”
In June, a landmark court ruling said Fox Searchlight must pay interns who performed menial tasks for movie production. When must you pay? Read "Court: If interns perform work, pay them!"
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36483/white-house-under-new-pressure-to-pay-interns "
- 'Sweeping' changes in store for HR & employers
- Should we forbid supervisors from becoming their subordinates' friend on Facebook?
- Get ready for the IRS employment-tax audit blitz starting in February
- Potential for class-action pay lawsuit could be lurking in your food delivery fees
- 10 HR trends, 10 HR goals for 2010