A grassroots lobbying effort led by the Fair Pay Campaign is pushing employers to pay their interns, starting with the White House. The group says President Obama cannot “in good faith, go after minimum wage (increases) and at the same time have unpaid staff.”
In June, a landmark court ruling said Fox Searchlight must pay interns who performed menial tasks for movie production. When must you pay? Read "Court: If interns perform work, pay them!"
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36483/white-house-under-new-pressure-to-pay-interns "
- Good news: Court rules employee suit frivolous--Bad news: You probably won't recover legal fees
- Unions on the doorstep: EFCA compromise gains momentum in Congress
- Who can sue for discrimination?
- Talking the talk: Be careful with these 5 'lightning rod' terms
- Fading support for the war may lead to more USERRA claims