The Wall Street Journal recently unearthed these three unique:
- Far-flung telecommuting: The eight employees and eight consultants who make up software company 15Five all work remotely in the United States, Canada—and Poland. Recent log-in locations: A house-sitting gig in Hawaii and a family member’s home in Ukraine.
- Keeping tech current: Employees at AnswerLab, a San Francisco consulting firm, receive $400 per year to spend on personal tech gadgets, from iPads to Web-enabled thermostats for their homes.
- Real workplace flexibility: At Denver advertising agency Clicks & Clients, employees break every Friday to do an hour of yoga.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn employees of the dangers of dipping into 401(k) funds
- Can 'Kiddie Wellness' Programs Cut Your Organization's Health Costs?
- HR and the bailout: Bill includes key mental health coverage
- Study insurance policies for legally hazardous exclusions