The Wall Street Journal recently unearthed these three unique:
- Far-flung telecommuting: The eight employees and eight consultants who make up software company 15Five all work remotely in the United States, Canada—and Poland. Recent log-in locations: A house-sitting gig in Hawaii and a family member’s home in Ukraine.
- Keeping tech current: Employees at AnswerLab, a San Francisco consulting firm, receive $400 per year to spend on personal tech gadgets, from iPads to Web-enabled thermostats for their homes.
- Real workplace flexibility: At Denver advertising agency Clicks & Clients, employees break every Friday to do an hour of yoga.
- How does FMLA leave overlap with paid vacation, sick and personal leave?
- Continuation medical coverage and small North Carolina employers
- 10 tips to ease the pain when tightening the benefits belt
- Do your health assessment questions violate new GINA law?
- The smoke-Free workplace: complying with Florida law