The Wall Street Journal recently unearthed these three unique:
- Far-flung telecommuting: The eight employees and eight consultants who make up software company 15Five all work remotely in the United States, Canada—and Poland. Recent log-in locations: A house-sitting gig in Hawaii and a family member’s home in Ukraine.
- Keeping tech current: Employees at AnswerLab, a San Francisco consulting firm, receive $400 per year to spend on personal tech gadgets, from iPads to Web-enabled thermostats for their homes.
- Real workplace flexibility: At Denver advertising agency Clicks & Clients, employees break every Friday to do an hour of yoga.
- Post-Windsor, what's the tax status of benefits for same-sex married couples?
- Submit electronic Form 5500 by next Jan. 1
- Want to attract and keep the best? Get out!
- Employee acting out of character? Balance safety, liability
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Do you really need to offer that employee benefit?