The Wall Street Journal recently unearthed these three unique:
- Far-flung telecommuting: The eight employees and eight consultants who make up software company 15Five all work remotely in the United States, Canada—and Poland. Recent log-in locations: A house-sitting gig in Hawaii and a family member’s home in Ukraine.
- Keeping tech current: Employees at AnswerLab, a San Francisco consulting firm, receive $400 per year to spend on personal tech gadgets, from iPads to Web-enabled thermostats for their homes.
- Real workplace flexibility: At Denver advertising agency Clicks & Clients, employees break every Friday to do an hour of yoga.
- Help employees 'give back' during crisis and all year-round
- Employee leaves in ambulance: How much to disclose?
- New economic stimulus law will find HR working closely with accounting
- How to help employees understand the value of their benefits
- Worker not returning from FMLA leave? Terminate, but pay benefits for full 12 weeks