Many of the job market’s most in-demand positions didn’t even exist 10 years ago. Hiring managers are struggling to onboard enough social media developers and marketers, according to data compiled by the Monster.com Web-based classifieds firm.
Also in demand: registered nurses and truck drivers. Demand for applicants for both jobs is up more than 20% since last year.
Who’s not getting hired? Anyone connected with mortgage lending.
- That's not a contract! Feel free to make hiring contingent on passing background check
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they already 'know' who's best for the job
- OK to consider stable work history when hiring
- Verifying education claims? Don't just call the school
- Identifying applicant skills: 50 great interview questions