For years, managers at Heffernan Insurance Brokers have organized bike outings for employees who participate in team-building and fitness activities. Now, employees can borrow bicycles from their employer for exercise or running errands.
The insurance brokerage firm this summer launched a bike lending program so employees can borrow bikes during business hours at two California offices. Execs say they will roll the program out to the company’s other branch offices if enough employees use the loaners.
The employee-owned company partnered with a local sports equipment store, which customized the discounted bikes.
Wellness director Adam Cox calls the bike program “a tremendous addition to our wellness initiative. It’s one more way to keep our employees happy, healthy and stress free.”
Contact: Terry Phelan of Heffernan Insurance Brokers, (415) 482-7921, extension 105.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- SS disability doesn't automatically qualify employee for company disability
- Are your employees ready for retirement? 6 smart steps
- Tough talk? Confront the problem, not the person
- Exit interviews: Use them to cut turnover, unveil legal risks