It’s getting a lot easier for your most valued employees to find jobs at other companies. And if your retention efforts aren’t better than your competitors’ recruiting, you stand a good chance of losing your star employees.
Fact: If your employees believe you aren’t bending over backward to keep them, they won’t hesitate to bolt. Employees do pay attention: A survey by staffing firm Spherion reveals that just 13% of workers believe their companies are trying hard enough to retain them.
Don’t let your superstars get away! Retaining them will keep you productive and competitive. Plus, you’ll save the hassle, expense and downtime of recruiting and training newbies to replace highly skilled defectors.
2 core retention tactics
Spherion’s Emergent Workforce Study points to the success of companies that consider retention drivers critical to the bottom line. Conclusion: Successful firms invest significant money and time to ...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Tough talk? Confront the problem, not the person
- Are we on the hook for seasonal employees' unemployment compensation claims?
- What's going on? How to conduct a workplace investigation
- The rules of company blogging: Avoiding employee misuse and abuse