1. What are the best two nationalfirms (in order) according to a survey of other attorneys?
a. Jackson Lewis, Littler Mendelson
b. Ogletree Deakins, Morgan Lewis
c. Littler Mendelson, Seyfarth Shaw
2. The EEOC recently issued a decision that _____ did not discriminate when it chose a 35-year-old over a 71-year-old applicant.
a. The White House
b. Social Security Administration
c. The EEOC itself
3. In narrowing the definition of a “supervisor,” the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent decision in the Vance case is:
a. Good for employers because it could reduce the risk of lawsuits
b. Bad for employers because it makes the process of defending a lawsuit more expensive
4. Which state accounted for the highest percentage of EEOC claims by employees in 2012?
c. New York
5. Office workers perceive different departments as owning distinctive traits. Which of these pairings is not what the majority of office workers perceive?
a. Most social: Customer service
b. Most attractive: Accounting
c. Smartest: Information technology
Sources: 1. Vault.com Regional Law Rankings; 2. Bloomberg Law; 3. TheHRSpecialist.com; 4. EEOC; 5. CareerBuilder.
Answers: 1. c 2. c 3. a 4. a 5. b (Most attractive: Sales)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Document why you fired worker, even in cases where rationale seems crystal clear
- Senior public employees may get hearing before firing
- Back-to-basics managers -- Good for the bottom line
- Must you provide employees with printed copies of annual reviews?