Avoid social networking trouble on the job by using these tips from employment experts:
- Stay connected with company policies. Find out your company’s guidelines about social media.
- Understand the law. Read up on what is and is not allowed under your state’s social media privacy policies.
- Have a private profile to protect your privacy.
- Use your personal device for personal exchanges. Avoid using company equipment if it’s not a company-related interaction.
- Manage your time. Don’t give in to the temptation to roam on social media for loads of time; instead, check yourself to limit your usage.
- Keep it positive. When working with a company’s social media accounts, make sure you keep everything in a positive light.
— Adapted from “7 Tips For Checking Facebook at Work,” Aaron Guerrero, U.S. News & World Report.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36272/steer-clear-of-social-networking-trouble "