Avoid social networking trouble on the job by using these tips from employment experts:
- Stay connected with company policies. Find out your company’s guidelines about social media.
- Understand the law. Read up on what is and is not allowed under your state’s social media privacy policies.
- Have a private profile to protect your privacy.
- Use your personal device for personal exchanges. Avoid using company equipment if it’s not a company-related interaction.
- Manage your time. Don’t give in to the temptation to roam on social media for loads of time; instead, check yourself to limit your usage.
- Keep it positive. When working with a company’s social media accounts, make sure you keep everything in a positive light.
— Adapted from “7 Tips For Checking Facebook at Work,” Aaron Guerrero, U.S. News & World Report.