HR takes the lead in enforcing employer policies regulating how employees use social media. According to research by the Society for Human Resource, the HR department ensures social media policy compliance in 44% of organizations.
The information technology function oversees the social media landscape in 25% of organizations, followed by senior management (14%) and the legal department (5%).
Online resource: Learn more about how to craft and enforce a social media policy in "Watch out for pitfalls, risks of using social media in hiring."
- State Pays Out Nearly $4 Million After Firing at-Will Employee
- Kobe-Wieland hit with 'regarded-as-disabled' suit
- Set the example on customer service
- Develop, implement and publicize policies that encourage employees to report harassment
- Social networking is here to stay; it's time to amend your e-policies