HR takes the lead in enforcing employer policies regulating how employees use social media. According to research by the Society for Human Resource, the HR department ensures social media policy compliance in 44% of organizations.
The information technology function oversees the social media landscape in 25% of organizations, followed by senior management (14%) and the legal department (5%).
Online resource: Learn more about how to craft and enforce a social media policy in "Watch out for pitfalls, risks of using social media in hiring."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- After poor-performing worker complains about e-mail, should we follow through on plans to fire?
- Tell managers: Don't retaliate against those who complain
- OSHA inspector's drive-by results in six-figure fine
- How can you rein in rogue 'early clockers'?