HR takes the lead in enforcing employer policies regulating how employees use social media. According to research by the Society for Human Resource, the HR department ensures social media policy compliance in 44% of organizations.
The information technology function oversees the social media landscape in 25% of organizations, followed by senior management (14%) and the legal department (5%).
Online resource: Learn more about how to craft and enforce a social media policy in "Watch out for pitfalls, risks of using social media in hiring."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Seeking enforceable arbitration agreement? Be certain it's not tilted in your favor
- What's in a (college's) name? Sometimes, not much
- Is certification worth pursuing?
- Confidential customer lists may be trade secrets even if the names are available elsewhere