HR takes the lead in enforcing employer policies regulating how employees use social media. According to research by the Society for Human Resource, the HR department ensures social media policy compliance in 44% of organizations.
The information technology function oversees the social media landscape in 25% of organizations, followed by senior management (14%) and the legal department (5%).
Online resource: Learn more about how to craft and enforce a social media policy in "Watch out for pitfalls, risks of using social media in hiring."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Break free of schedule to think strategically
- Coping with seriously ill employees and inquisitive co-workers
- Turn slackers into stars! How to spark the turnaround
- Records retention: What to keep, what to toss