HR takes the lead in enforcing employer policies regulating how employees use social media. According to research by the Society for Human Resource, the HR department ensures social media policy compliance in 44% of organizations.
The information technology function oversees the social media landscape in 25% of organizations, followed by senior management (14%) and the legal department (5%).
Online resource: Learn more about how to craft and enforce a social media policy in "Watch out for pitfalls, risks of using social media in hiring."
- Negotiating union contracts: Seek attorney's help when drafting arbitration clause
- Must we allow employee to review everything in her personnel file?
- Back up even minor disciplinary action with solid records
- 'Will work for less!' Be wary of reduced-comp pleas from desperate employees
- Offer reinstatement if you make FMLA mistake