Employers are legally obligated to maintain a safe work environment. When employees commit violent acts against co-workers or customers, employers can be held responsible through negligent-hiring and supervision lawsuits. Each year, roughly 1,000 people are workplace homicide victims. And research shows that killings are five to seven times more likely to occur at workplaces where guns are allowed ...
- The easy way to stop most bias lawsuits: Enforce all rules evenhandedly
- Supremes brush off ACA constitutionality lawsuit
- Too old and white for HRD? Don't discuss 'Dream' staff
- Form I-9: What should I do if employee's documentation has discrepancies?
- Georgia Code on Equal Employment for People With Disabilities