As promised, the IRS has released guidance on the implications of the Obama administration’s decision to wait until 2015 before enforcing the Affordable Care Act’s requirement for employers of 50 or more to provide health insurance benefits.
It’s all technical tax information—the IRS will provide most of the enforcement muscle for Obamacare compliance—and there aren’t any obvious effects on HR operations. However, you may want to pass along the guidance to accounting staff or your company’s tax advisor.
- What should we include in our updated employee handbook?
- Head off problem employees' retaliation suits: Document all decision-making as it happens
- FMLA, FLSA, ADA and more: The 10 employment laws every manager must know
- SSA disability isn't automatic ADA disability
- EEOC won't pay legal costs until case runs its course