1. Which two industries, in order, have the highest percentage of employees who’ve taken?
a. Health care, construction
b. Manufacturing, attorneys
c. Casinos, health care
2. This year’s updated version of the main psychiatric diagnosis manual is expected to result in more employees:
b. Claiming ADA-covered disabilities
c. Filing age discrimination suits
3. A federal court confirmed this year that _______ is considered unlawful sexual discrimination.
a. Firing a new mother because she is lactating
b. Firing a pregnant woman
c. Firing the father of a newborn
4. A new study says ______ is the best tool to motivate employees to take action to improve their health.
a. Cash bonuses
b. Co-worker contests
c. Health premium reductions
5. When employers reject candidates based on the person’s social media presence, what is the No. 1 reason why?
b. Provocative or inappropriate photos or info
c. Candidate bad-mouthed previous employer online
Sources: 1. ComPsych Corp. study; 2. The HR Specialist; 3. EEOC v. Houston Funding; 4. WorldatWork survey; 5. CareerBuilder.com survey.
Answers: 1. c 2. b 3. a 4. b 5. b
- Don't delay, even for one day! Assault allegations demand response ASAP
- HIPAA health care privacy rules: They do apply to you
- Can we legally ban all employee smoking at work?
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Invest more time and money in succession planning
- Honda issues social media guidelines for its employees