Employees of Dimension Data Americas have half a dozen ways to develop their skills and further their careers with the Virginia-based tech company.
1. Dimension Data University is an e-learning platform that allows employees to log on when they have time to take skills-development classes in sales techniques, personal and business effectiveness,and , solutions and services, vendor certification and project management skills.
2. Dimension Data University’s mobile application enables employees to learn on the go by using a smartphone or tablet to access videos, podcasts, playbooks and other documents.
3. An interactive career portal lists every position in the company so employees can view recommended career paths and look at detailed requirements and skills for each job.
4. The organization’s leadership development program is a two-week leadership immersion program at Rollins College focused on, managing change, emotional intelligence, ethics, listening and strategy.
5. A leadership forum matches less experienced employees who have shown potential for advancement to leadership roles with mentors who have worked for the organization for a long time.
6. A corporate responsibility program allocates each employee eight hours a year to volunteer in their communities and for the environment. More than 400 employees participated in “Heads, Hearts and Hands” programs in their communities in 2012.
Contact: Jackie Funk of Dimension Data Americas, (571) 203-4006.