The American Red Cross has become the first organization other than a government agency to partner with the Uncle Sam’s VA for Vets program, which trains veterans in preparation for high-technology jobs outside the military.
The aim: to hire more veterans into the Red Cross workforce as phlebotomists, development officers and IT pros.
The program initially trained vets for jobs at the Department of Veterans Affairs and has expanded into the Departments of Homeland Security, Agriculture and Interior. The Red Cross is the program’s first nongovernment employer.
Contact: Melissa Hurst, Red Cross chief HR officer, (202) 303-5214.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- If you use a job application kiosk, warn applicants that lying is a crime
- How to provide religious accommodations in NC workplaces
- Kaplan colleges sued for screening with credit histories
- 15 California firms make Fortune 'best to work for' list