The American Red Cross has become the first organization other than a government agency to partner with the Uncle Sam’s VA for Vets program, which trains veterans in preparation for high-technology jobs outside the military.
The aim: to hire more veterans into the Red Cross workforce as phlebotomists, development officers and IT pros.
The program initially trained vets for jobs at the Department of Veterans Affairs and has expanded into the Departments of Homeland Security, Agriculture and Interior. The Red Cross is the program’s first nongovernment employer.
Contact: Melissa Hurst, Red Cross chief HR officer, (202) 303-5214.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/36129/red-cross-is-first-nonprofit-to-team-up-with-va-for-vets "
- Management's independent review trumps supervisor's hidden discrimination
- It's a buyer's market: Hire the best candidates over those who meet minimum requirements
- Beware shifting explanations for HR decisions
- In Randleman, gender and disability bias cost big bucks
- Feds increase fines for immigration, I-9 violations