New research from the Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) finds that the wage gap between working men and women will not close until the year 2057.
Women earned 77 cents for every dollar earned by men in 2011 (the most recently available data). “We might be living in space by the time women earn the same as men,” said Heidi Hartmann, president of IWPR.
- Just-departed worker owes us money: Can we dock (or withhold) his final paycheck?
- Can we require workers to pay for their uniforms?
- Smarter firing leads to fewer unemployment payouts
- No double liability for state, federal classification claims
- OK to consider qualifications that aren't in job description when setting pay