New research from the Institute for Women’s Policy Research (IWPR) finds that the wage gap between working men and women will not close until the year 2057.
Women earned 77 cents for every dollar earned by men in 2011 (the most recently available data). “We might be living in space by the time women earn the same as men,” said Heidi Hartmann, president of IWPR.
- Paycheck problems: Know limits on deductions, promptness of pay
- Minimum wage rising to $7.25; Obama calls for $9.50 by 2011
- Are Millennials gun-shy or savvy retirement planners?
- Deducting cost of intentional damage from former employee's final paycheck
- 80,000 nonemployees download MGM staff's healthy eating app