Whether you offer health benefits or not, by Oct. 1, 2013, you must tell employees they can buy coverage through state-based exchanges.
The Department of Labor has issued model notice language you are free to use. There’s one model for employers that offer health benefits, another for those that don’t. Download them at the DOL's website.
The department has also updated the template employers may use for the Summary of Benefits and Coverage that all employees must receive. The DOL's site has the latest version.
- Pennsylvania wage & hour law: Understand the new rules for 2007
- When can worker take 401(k) hardship distribution?
- Does a natural disaster make former employees eligible for unemployment benefits?
- Go ahead and trim the tree--while keeping your party liability-free
- CVS bans smokes from its campus as well as its shelves