If you believe you’re a top performer at work, you’re not alone. An impossible 90% of managers think they’re among the top 10% of performers in their workplace, according to a BusinessWeek poll of 2,000 managers.
Advice: Realisticand regular feedback can erase this “Lake Wobegon effect” in your workplace.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Performance reviews: 12 pitfalls to avoid
- Disabled worker? Don't cave in to staff gripes
- Make sure your promotion process gives all qualified candidates enough time to apply
- Employee complained about discrimination? That doesn't excuse shoddy or dangerous work