If you believe you’re a top performer at work, you’re not alone. An impossible 90% of managers think they’re among the top 10% of performers in their workplace, according to a BusinessWeek poll of 2,000 managers.
Advice: Realisticand regular feedback can erase this “Lake Wobegon effect” in your workplace.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Nothing irks like jerks at work ... Confront the problem maker in 6 steps
- Include staff self-Assessment in evaluation process
- Use 'fresh-start' policy to cut retaliation risk
- Courts lose patience with frivolous lawsuits; employers can recover attorneys' fees