Some managers turn every problem into a three-alarm fire, which can be stressful and ineffective. How do you know if a manager (or you) is a “pyromaniac”? Fortune Small Business offers this quiz:
- Are most of your e-mails labeled “urgent”?
- Have you left more than three voice mails to a person on the same issue in one hour?
- Do you make employees stay late on issues that just came up as they were leaving for the day?
- Do co-workers screen your calls?
Any “yes” answers could signal a problem.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- NYC car washers clean up with $4.7 million in OT settlements
- Don't squander loss-deductions for a rental residence
- Office Organizer: Small biz tips on file organizing, record retention and email management
- Employees at Harley-Davidson's York Facility End Two-Week Strike