Q: Mustenter the time they leave and return from lunch, or can we assume that they took their lunch hours unless otherwise noted in their time records?
A: The Fair Labor Standards Act doesn’t require employers to give meal breaks. If you give meal breaks, always exercise caution when making assumptions. You should have a procedure to allow employees to alert you when they don’t take their meal breaks.
- Under PTO policy, must we pay out unused leave upon employee's termination?
- Military spouse on leave? Employee has leave rights, too
- IRS reg alert: ACA waiting periods, FICA/FUTA exemptions
- Brother, can you spare $3,400: Can Payroll help close tax gap?
- Furloughs and unpaid time off create wage-and-hour problems