CALIFORNIACoverage: All employers
Leave/Maximum Time Available: Unpaid, as needed for school conference for suspended child; accrued leave for sick child
Coverage: Employees who have worked for at least 12 months and who have worked 1,250 hours
Leave/Maximum Time Available: Unpaid; up to 40 hours per child a year (8 hours a month) for school activities
Coverage: Employers of 50 employees or more within 75 miles of work site; employee works 1 year and 1,250 hours
Leave/Maximum Time Available: Unpaid; up to 12 weeks in 12 months for sick child
Coverage: Employees who pay into SDI program
Leave/Maximum Time Available: Paid state benefit; up to 6 weeks to care for seriously ill child
COLORADOCoverage: All employers; employee works 1 year
Leave/Maxim...(register to read more)
- Houston company faces class-action COBRA lawsuit
- Obama to order higher minimum wage for fed contractor employees
- When register drawers are short, may we demand repayment out of cashiers' pockets?
- Can we recover the cost of a former employee's laptop by withholding from his final paycheck?
- Lawsuits on the rise: Audit your policies to prevent litigation