USERRA is intended to minimize the disadvantages to reservists and National Guard troops who need temporary leave from their civilian jobs to serve in the military. The law is intended to encourage noncareer uniformed service so the U.S. military can continue to be staffed by qualified people, while maintaining a balance with the needs of private and public emplo...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Employee wants FMLA leave: Can we contact her health care provider?
- Can a small employer deny leave to an employee whose spouse is seriously ill?
- Firing can't masquerade as a one-person rif
- Enforce e-mail usage rules--if only to avoid PR nightmare