Most of the legal cautionary tales about social media involve misguided posting on Facebook and Twitter. Here’s proof that lack of common sense can be found in all corners of the Internet: A Delaware restaurant manager posted on the photo-sharing site Instagram a series of photos of customers and their receipts, along with racial slurs and derogatory comments about their tipping.
The lesson: Remind staff to avoid social media musings that hurt the company. Find further tips in "How to Draft a Social Networking Company Policy."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Totally disabled employees aren't eligible for job accommodations
- Supreme Court: Complaints don't have to be in writing to be protected
- Be prepared to explain why offenses were similar but punishments differed
- New Jersey Senate rejects gay-marriage bill