Most of the legal cautionary tales about social media involve misguided posting on Facebook and Twitter. Here’s proof that lack of common sense can be found in all corners of the Internet: A Delaware restaurant manager posted on the photo-sharing site Instagram a series of photos of customers and their receipts, along with racial slurs and derogatory comments about their tipping.
The lesson: Remind staff to avoid social media musings that hurt the company. Find further tips in "How to Draft a Social Networking Company Policy."
- Be alert to employment law issues related to older employees
- Employee handbooks: Are they mandatory?
- Loved, lost: Crafting effective workplace dating policies
- Not all ADD, ADHD diagnoses qualify as protected 'disability'
- What are the ramifications of disclosing information during preliminary negotiations?