Most of the legal cautionary tales about social media involve misguided posting on Facebook and Twitter. Here’s proof that lack of common sense can be found in all corners of the Internet: A Delaware restaurant manager posted on the photo-sharing site Instagram a series of photos of customers and their receipts, along with racial slurs and derogatory comments about their tipping.
The lesson: Remind staff to avoid social media musings that hurt the company. Find further tips in "How to Draft a Social Networking Company Policy."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- St. Joseph County not liable for $56.5 million verdict
- Step up to a new high-stakes HR role: Stamping out conspiracies to discriminate
- The 6 biggest retention mistakes ... and how to fix them
- Prepare for a bigger role in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance