Most of the legal cautionary tales about social media involve misguided posting on Facebook and Twitter. Here’s proof that lack of common sense can be found in all corners of the Internet: A Delaware restaurant manager posted on the photo-sharing site Instagram a series of photos of customers and their receipts, along with racial slurs and derogatory comments about their tipping.
The lesson: Remind staff to avoid social media musings that hurt the company. Find further tips in "How to Draft a Social Networking Company Policy."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Nuclear plant whistle-Blower terminated, then sues
- Tell Supervisors to Make FMLA a 'Work-Free Zone'
- Pay cut may be legit reason to quit, collect unemployment
- When religious needs conflict with schedule, shift swaps may be reasonable accommodation