Most of the legal cautionary tales about social media involve misguided posting on Facebook and Twitter. Here’s proof that lack of common sense can be found in all corners of the Internet: A Delaware restaurant manager posted on the photo-sharing site Instagram a series of photos of customers and their receipts, along with racial slurs and derogatory comments about their tipping.
The lesson: Remind staff to avoid social media musings that hurt the company. Find further tips in "How to Draft a Social Networking Company Policy."
- Slackers...Complainers...Chronically Tardy...Keep bad apples from spoiling your bunch
- Stamp out harassing behavior across the company
- Recoup training costs, but beware doing so with last paycheck
- Explicit Sex Talk by the 'Victim' Can Be Used as Harassment Defense
- Measure effectiveness to make sure flex plans work for you