1. What was the No. 1 reason for employees’ long-term disability claims last year?
b. Mental health issues
c. Heart disease
2. What percentage of employment lawsuits are won by the employer?
3. Which gender is more open to the idea of sharing a work space with a co-worker?
4. What percentage of executives believe that taking paternity leave will slow an employee’s career advancement?
5. A manager at an Intel office in New Mexico was convicted of petty misdemeanor battery for doing what to an employee?
a. Putting superglue on his keyboard keys
b. Taping a “kick me” sign to his back
c. Wrapping his car in aluminum foil
6. A federal court last month said U.S. employers do not have to display a workplace poster that explains:
a. Summer office safety risks
b. The number and type of lawsuits filed against the employer
c. Employees’ union rights
Sources: 1. Unum Group study; 2. Jury Verdict Research; 3. Ask.com survey; 4. Korn/Ferry survey; 5. Fox News; 6. TheHRSpecialist.com.
Answers: 1. a 2. a 3. b 4. b 5. b 6. c
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn managers: Don't make assumptions about pregnant employee's capabilities
- Employee of Philly nonprofit confesses to killing boss
- Wrap up 2013 right: What to check in your annual HR policy review
- Records retention: Know what to keep, what's safe to toss