A recentdescribed a talented but frustrating worker as the organization’s “most difficult.” Among many faults, bosses zeroed in on his:
- Failure to submit expense reports
- Refusal to return phone calls
- Tendency to shy away from high-impact operations.
Sound like that guy down the hall from you? We hope not! The employee was international terrorist Moktar Belmoktar, and the criticism appeared in a memo written by the leaders of the North African branch of al-Qaida. Who knew terrorists had expense reports?
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No policies, no job descriptions, no training: A case study in how not to hire & promote
- Take the first step toward your 2005 promotion
- Settlement brings soft landing for Mesaba religious bias case
- As economy rebounds, unions feed off 'I want my slice!' gripes