A recentdescribed a talented but frustrating worker as the organization’s “most difficult.” Among many faults, bosses zeroed in on his:
- Failure to submit expense reports
- Refusal to return phone calls
- Tendency to shy away from high-impact operations.
Sound like that guy down the hall from you? We hope not! The employee was international terrorist Moktar Belmoktar, and the criticism appeared in a memo written by the leaders of the North African branch of al-Qaida. Who knew terrorists had expense reports?
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 9 keys: Convince top brass to support next year's HR budget
- The right way to prepare for layoffs … and some alternatives
- Stick with termination decision--and don't hint that you're open to reconsidering
- HIPAA health care privacy rules: They do apply to you