A recentdescribed a talented but frustrating worker as the organization’s “most difficult.” Among many faults, bosses zeroed in on his:
- Failure to submit expense reports
- Refusal to return phone calls
- Tendency to shy away from high-impact operations.
Sound like that guy down the hall from you? We hope not! The employee was international terrorist Moktar Belmoktar, and the criticism appeared in a memo written by the leaders of the North African branch of al-Qaida. Who knew terrorists had expense reports?
- Use multimedia campaigns to nurture employee self-service
- FMLA: Flare-ups every Friday? Check it out
- Supreme Court's Ledbetter decision could affect your pay policies
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Avoid discipline that makes 'Example' of workers
- Who's in charge of implementing corporate diversity initiatives?