A recentdescribed a talented but frustrating worker as the organization’s “most difficult.” Among many faults, bosses zeroed in on his:
- Failure to submit expense reports
- Refusal to return phone calls
- Tendency to shy away from high-impact operations.
Sound like that guy down the hall from you? We hope not! The employee was international terrorist Moktar Belmoktar, and the criticism appeared in a memo written by the leaders of the North African branch of al-Qaida. Who knew terrorists had expense reports?
- For 1 out of 5, getting a new job is goal for 2014
- Cupid in the workplace: You can terminate supervisor for lying about personal relationship
- Motivating in a void: Prevent 'survivor syndrome' in yourself and your team
- Who says equal opportunity statements can't be fun?
- Train managers on FMLA or risk paying double damages