A recentdescribed a talented but frustrating worker as the organization’s “most difficult.” Among many faults, bosses zeroed in on his:
- Failure to submit expense reports
- Refusal to return phone calls
- Tendency to shy away from high-impact operations.
Sound like that guy down the hall from you? We hope not! The employee was international terrorist Moktar Belmoktar, and the criticism appeared in a memo written by the leaders of the North African branch of al-Qaida. Who knew terrorists had expense reports?
- Thank you for applying: How to craft a tactful & lawful rejection letter
- OK to suspend employee who has been arrested if alleged violation would compromise safety
- Make it easy for employees to work when, where they want
- Absent-minded employees: The 4 key steps to get absenteeism under control ... legally
- How to draft a bullet-proof employee handbook