Supplemental Health Care, which places nurses, therapists and other health care professionals in temporary jobs, celebrated National Nurses Week in May by rewarding the traveling nurses among its own employees.
The Park City, Utah, employer created “You Bring the Magic” to commemorate National Nurses Day on May 6 and the birthday of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing, on May 12.
Nurses at locations throughout the company’s network attended celebrations and received gift cards that varied in value based on the number of hours each nurse worked.
The company’s nurses and other employees are encouraged to refer new hires, and can earn small bonuses for every hour a referred recruit works. Other benefits include an immediately vested 401(k) plan, health coverage and continuing education through courses offered by the firm’s online university.
Contact: Ebony Brooks of Supplemental Health Care, (770) 225-8460.
- Demand fitness exam when performance slips
- How to hold a peaceful & productive employee complaint meeting
- Courts will understand: Feel free to punish differently for misconduct that appears similar
- FMLA amended: Will new law open door to further changes?
- When romance blooms at work, be ready with a practical policy