Women gained more than twice as many jobs than men did in May, a report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reveals. The hiring rebound was especially strong in such fields as professional and business services, retail trade, education, health services and leisure and hospitality.
The BLS notes that women have regained 83% of the jobs they lost during the recession from December 2007 to September 2010. Men have regained just 65%.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/35827/women-making-up-ground-lost-in-recession "
- Can we terminate worker to keep domestic violence from spilling over into our workplace?
- Write Job Descriptions Before Trouble Starts
- Immigration reform bill stalls, but president vows to revive it
- 7 unique employee benefits programs
- Want to get bosses' attention on bias problems? Remind them they can be held personally liable