Women gained more than twice as many jobs than men did in May, a report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reveals. The hiring rebound was especially strong in such fields as professional and business services, retail trade, education, health services and leisure and hospitality.
The BLS notes that women have regained 83% of the jobs they lost during the recession from December 2007 to September 2010. Men have regained just 65%.
- Can we give higher pay to employee with degree?
- Illinois 'Facebook Law' bans seeking employee passwords
- How to reduce liability for harassment: Do the right thing
- When manager slides from difficult to impossible, good documentation supports reason for firing
- Whether paper or electronic, make sure job applications are legal