Women gained more than twice as many jobs than men did in May, a report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reveals. The hiring rebound was especially strong in such fields as professional and business services, retail trade, education, health services and leisure and hospitality.
The BLS notes that women have regained 83% of the jobs they lost during the recession from December 2007 to September 2010. Men have regained just 65%.
- Navigating the complexities of a layoff to avoid unnecessary risks
- Beware of hidden legal risks in annual HR audits
- DIY health care reform: Create inexpensive, effective wellness programs
- Say what!? Gen Y employees bring great expectations to work
- Expectant and new moms get help from co-worker 'buddies'