Arlington, Va.-based Corporate Executive Board made the Guinness Book of World Records in May, but not for anything to do with its core business, which is consulting and research. Its feat: More than 500 employees pulled together to make 1,000 sandwiches in less than five minutes.
CEB donated the turkey-and-cheese on whole-wheat sandwiches to local food kitchens.
The record-breaking sandwich assembly was just one activity on a firm-wide day of service. The international advisory firm shuttered its offices around the world on May 17 so employees could participate in its third annual Global Service Day. More than 2,500 employees volunteered to help 75 different charities in 19 countries.
Other organizations that benefited from the employees’ volunteer efforts that day were the American Red Cross, the National Park Service, the YMCA and the National Zoo.
Contact: Shannon Eckhart of CEB, (917) 749-9399.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Use moonlighting, confidentiality policies to discourage outside work
- OSHA inspector's drive-by results in six-figure fine
- Working moms weigh in on career prospects
- On the hook for FMLA transgression? Offer immediate reinstatement to cut liability